Wednesday, May 29, 2013

lunch breaks with my superhero...

Spending all day inside studying is a lot easier for me when it is winter, ie dark, cold and generally unpleasant.  But it is weeks like this one that make being trapped at a desk seem like punishment.  It is summer time in the southeast and beautiful out.  Not too hot yet and clear blue skys.  I am trying to find balance between studying for my boards and being a new mom.  When I am with Everett I am worried about studying (ok to be honest he makes me smile so much I can easily forget about everything else in the world) and when I am studying I feel like a bad mom.  Right now I get up at 5am and feed him and we play a little.  Then from 8-12pm I study at school.  As soon as 12pm hits I rush home to my smiling little boy and immediately wrap him up in my arms.  I really cant get enough of him.  The lunch hour flies by and then we do it all over again.  Going back to school and leaving him is so hard but I feel so lucky every time I get back home.  Today we sat on the porch and giggled while we practiced our superheroing....

No comments:

Post a Comment