Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Landscape No. 2

We are making progress in our landscaping effort. I finally got all of the grass dug up and the stones for walking path to the fence gate laid. My sweet sweet husband built me a strawberry box and I have started filling it. On the other side of the stones my hope if to have a mix of different, low maintenance, wild flowers. I am looking forward to grass growing between the stones so that the dogs stop bringing mud into the house. I also planted lavender, rosemary, and sage in the small section that is surrounded by stones, hopefully they will survive through the winter and be back next summer. On the back of the fence I am hoping to plant blackberries and raspberries to grow up the fence wire. Our lower yard is big and sunny. This is where the puppies spend most of their time. I was thinking of planting some apple and pear trees. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment