Saturday, April 3, 2010

For the Love of Food


I love food. I am not so much into quantity but quality. Exploring local food options has become an obsession of mine. Any time we are planning a trip I immediately research the food scene of our destination. So for my first post I want to share one of my all time favorite places to eat. It happens to be in my home town, lucky me. Guadalupe Cafe in Sylva, NC is a tapas and wine restaurant (with an excellent beer selection) featuring Caribbean influenced menu. One of the things that I love the most about this local eatery is that they understand how important it is to support the local community by way of buying from local farmers, including delicious local goat cheese, as well as featuring local artists around the cafe. My favorite is the build your own burrito. Mine is: greens, goat cheese and avocado. Yes, always the same, I just love it so much. Next time you are exploring the beautiful mountains of western NC you should stop by. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment